Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Where do I begin?



The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.
-Unknown

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.
-Seneca

The beginning is the most important part of the work.
-Plato

The journey of a thousand leagues begins with a single step.
-Lao Tzo

I could continue to quote the great minds and their wisdom on beginnings until kingdom come. But, to me, that seems a bit hypocritical by using their wise words to commence the detailing of my own new beginnings in a life that has been full of new beginnings in every dark corner I have come across. And never have the endings seemed more like beginnings than they do now.

I got nothing to lose but my voice, and my voice screams to speak.

My journey began a long time ago in a far away place, where magic resided in the dolls I played with and danced alongside me as I jete'd across my parents' sun room to Swan Lake, Beethoven, Handel, and any piece of classical music that MN Public Radio broadcast. I knew then what nurtured my spirit and made me whirl like a dervish. I knew my sparkle and I felt the magic of life in my imagination and the natural world of trees, butterflies, worms, squirrels, and water that blended with my spirit to create the most magical universe that I saw as my life.

I was born a dreamer and a doer. I was born a wanderer in imagination and in movement. I was born what I like to call a "curiousitor." I was born with a will so strong, that "Help" is a word I struggle to say. I was born with a mind that has "so much to do" and a heart "with so much love to give." I was born wondering "What can I do?" So I try almost anything. I was born thankful to be alive.

So here, in this place of now, I am at the beginning, but the beginning has already begun. Forrest Yoga Foundation Teacher Training in Denver, Colorado has been completed. Here I am at the oasis wondering which direction my teaching and healing skills will take me. And above it all hoping that I will let go enough to let my sparkle guide me as it did when I was a child.

Trusting in our power, in our destiny, in our truth, requires us to go deep. I know not what I may discover but I know that it will be great. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment